Car Accident Lawyers Gold Coast
Gold Coast’s Leading Motor Vehicle & Car Accident Lawyers
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, motorcycle accident or any other type of motor vehicle accident in Queensland, you may need an expert personal injury accident lawyer by your side. Accidents happen on our roads and sometimes they are not your fault.
In the case you have been injured in an accident, we can visit you at home, in hospital or any other premises in the Gold Coast or Tweed Heads. If you have grounds to make a car accident injury compensation claim, we may be able to act for you on a no win no fee basis to help you get the compensation you deserve while you recover.
Not sure if you have a personal injury compensation case?
It costs nothing to speak to our principal lawyer and find out where you stand. Book in a free consultation today.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents We Can Help You With
At Main Lawyers, our expert motor vehicle accident lawyers can help with compensation for road or auto accident claims involving:
- Driver or passenger injuries
- Motorcycle rider or pillion passenger
- Pedestrian injuries
- Hit and Run
- Cyclist accidents
- Accidents in recreational vehicles
- Truck accidents
- Major and minor car accident injuries (including whiplash injury and neck or back injury)
If you have suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim. In some cases, you might be able to also make a car accident insurance claim for additional compensation.
Also, in circumstances where you’re injured by someone who is unidentified or uninsured in Queensland, you may have an action against what’s known as the Nominal Defendant. This is a special fund that has been created to protect people injured in motor vehicle accidents when the party at fault for the incident cannot be identified or if they are not protected under insurance.
If you’ve been injured during work travel, you may be able to make a Workers Compensation claim.
Who Can Make a Car Accident Injury Claim?
A car accident injury claim can be made by someone who’s been injured due to the fault of another driver or road user.
This could include, but is not limited to, you if:
- You are the driver of a car, motorbike or other road vehicle and are hit by another vehicle
- You’re the passenger in a car or pillion rider on a motorcycle (regardless of if the driver of your vehicle is at fault);
- You are a pedestrian and are hit by a vehicle;
- Have been involved in a hit and run and don’t have the details of the vehicle at fault;
- If the details of another vehicle are unknown or unidentified;
- Or if you have been injured while riding a mountain bike or road bike.
How Much Will Making a Motor Vehicle Injury Claim Cost?
It will cost you nothing to get started and find out where you stand. Our Principal solicitor, Lachlan Main will book in a free initial consultation with you where he can examine the details of your claim and give you an estimated cost and timeline.
After this consultation, you will not need to pay our legal fees unless we successfully help you win your case.
Please note, the total cost will depend on how complex your case is, the number of injuries you have and how many specialists you will need to be assessed by. There are some cases in which some of the legal costs are paid by the CTP insurer (these can range up to 50%-70% of the total expenses). We’ll let you know if this is an option for your case.
Common Car Accident Injuries
With car accidents being the leading cause of injuries, the damage they leave behind can be immense if not fatal. While motor vehicle accident injuries vary from person to person and crash to crash, there are some fairly common ones. Always consult your doctor for more specific information on the nature of your injuries and the best treatment.
Head & Back Injury
Head and back injuries from car accidents are among the most serious car accident injuries. In a high speed collision, seated drivers and passengers can experience any of the following injuries for which compensation may be claimed:
- Head strikes against a windshield, dashboard, steering wheel or window
- Traumatic brain injuries: ranging from mild concussions to comas and other cognitive issues
- Skull fractures
- Hearing loss
- Vision problems
- General back injury and pain
- Spinal cord damage
- Herniated discs
- Nerve damage which may also lead to paralysis
Neck, Chest & Whiplash Injuries
The most common and well known car accident injury is whiplash. A whiplash injury is caused when there is a sudden forwards and backwards movement of the head and neck. Chest injuries are also quite common from car accidents. Passengers and drivers may experience and make a compensation claim for any of the following injuries after a crash:
- Whiplash injury
- Serious neck muscle and ligament damage
- General neck pain and/or swelling
- Temporary vocal cord paralysis
- Blunt force trauma to the chest area
- Broken ribs
- Collapsed lungs
- Cardiac arrest (a risk for people with heart problems)
- Internal bleeding
- Damage to internal organs, the pelvis and the abdomen can also occur
Injuries to arms, legs, hands and feet can also be common, especially for pedestrians or anyone involved in a motorcycle accident. Pedestrians and motor cyclists often suffer significantly more serious and numerous injuries which can include:
- Ligament damage
- Broken bones
- Severed limbs
- Emotional distres
Need a solicitor for a car, motorcycle or other motor vehicle accident injury claim?
If you’ve been injured in a car, motorcycle or other motor vehicle accident near the Gold Coast, you may have a claim we can act for you on a no win no fee basis. Our team consists of expert motor vehicle accident lawyers with a high success rate on the personal injury compensation claims we’ve worked.